Saturday, August 6, 2011

Vintage Me: Work

VINTAGE ME is a series I started in June while I was away at the Type-A Parent conference in Asheville, NC and I'm continuing it this week while I am attending BlogHer '11 in San Diego, CA.

My challenge to you? Find the most awkward photo of you and be ready to post it the week of August 8th. I'll have a linky here and there will be prizes for the most awkward winners.


Ahh, yes! I moved to DC at the ripe old age of 20. So I am most likely a very newly minted 21 in this photo (second from right). I worked at the most amazing company. We all worked hard and partied harder. One of our colleagues was a DJ and always got us into this club for free on Saturday nights. Some of the best times of my life.


A welcome party for my second internship. I'm sporting the Midwestern flair (plaid) on the left.


Interpreting for my very first concert, an all day festival less than two weeks after I arrived in DC. My awesome camera got pickpocketed, but I didn't care because the people I was with were so amazing! This town taught me everything I ever needed to know in life. This was the time of my personal revolution.


This was just days after I arrived (DC AIDS Walk). It was an awesome time to connect with some of the movers and shakers at the company and get to see the city.


The woman in the middle let another intern (right) and I stay with her for a week while we figured out where to live. She took us out to Skyline Drive to show us some really gorgeous views.


Here we I am at a Luau party. This would be the party where I mistaken licked what I thought was teriyaki sauce off a banana--it was in fact Sterno. Hello Poison Control, it's me Alissa.....again.

To Infinity and Beyond, yo! A photo from a 30 minute tour of NASA with a very over EAGER tour guide who kept us for 3+ hours. Whoa, dude..simmer down.

Check back tomorrow for more VINTAGE ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics