Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week In My Life: Wednesday

All this week I'll be doing my best to show you what a week in our life looks like on a day-to-day basis. Come play along by linking up over at Adventuroo. (She's the mastermind behind this.)

As I went to bed Tuesday night, I had a small freakout when I realized I had nothing planned for Wednesday. That is unlike me, but it happens from time to time.

Liam woke me by getting inches from my face and asking me "How's your day going so far?" He's done this a few times in the past few months since he embarked on this mission of finding a different way to wake me each day and I love it. How can you not say your day is going pretty well when you have only been awake for 1.3 seconds??

He said he just wanted to hang around at home today, so that's what we did...mostly. We watched a little PBS as there were a few things I had to attend to for work.

He really wanted to use a new glitter pack that we purchased last week and I really wanted at least 30 minutes out of the house, so I convinced him to take a trip to Michael's for some craft stuff. We tossed one of the never ending loads of laundry in before we hit the road.

As I unbuckle him from his carseat he always tries to steal a sip of Diet Coke.

We picked up a few craft items, none of which went really well with the glitter. A big one I hope we'll get to tackle as a family before the week is out.

We made a dash over to the nature center which is a huge part of our life. We usually go on Mondays for the Preschool Story Hour, but they were closed for the holiday this week. So we stopped by today for a quick visit. We would have stayed longer if I hadn't forgotten a jacket for myself.

Then we started on the turkey craft we picked up earlier, which was a hit. He did really well with the glue, I attribute that to the large amount of crafts they do in school.

Then he stamped with some old gooey markers we found while I put the stamps on our Christmas cards.

Played for a bit before heading up stairs to read some stories.

As luck would have it we both fell asleep, not a good thing, as this meant when I got home from work at almost 11 he was still up and at 'em. Although he did fall asleep in my "nest" which was awesome.

I woke just in time to head out the door and into traffic.

That was my Wednesday, short and sweet. What did you get up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics