Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week In My Life: Friday


All this week I'll be doing my best to show you what a week in our life looks like on a day-to-day basis. Come play along by linking up over at Adventuroo. (She's the mastermind behind this.)

My wake-up call this morning was a little less adorable than the others this week. In rapid succession he turned every light on full blast on the upper level. Not quite the same as being smacked in the head with a stuffed animal, but every bit as jarring. He thought it was hysterical, I groaned. It worked out though as there wasn't much time for any snuggling as we needed to get up and at 'em for his school field trip.

It was raining out, so in addition to everything else we needed rain coats and at his insistence his new-ish umbrella. And we were off.


Oddly enough we ran into another friend of his who was there with her school, small world. Anywho we waited and checked out the pumpkins and tractors and killed a little time since we RSVP'd to meet at the farm instead of caravan with the folks from school. Finally we asked if the farm had heard from the school and they had canceled and not called to let me know. (Insert Frustrated Mamma Here)

So we drove all the way to school (he was about 90 minutes late) and in the end somehow I didn't end up on the email alert list letting folks now that it was canceled. Apparently they had let people know as early as Wednesday that it was likely to cancel. 

I decided to stay since there wasn't enough time to go home and they were supposed to have a fire drill. I'd stay more often, but it messes with Liam.

Which bring me to my favorite part of today. As we were walking out of school Liam's pants fell down. As soon as they reached his ankles he looked at me and said, "PUMBA, Not in front of the kids!" We laughed and laughed. This kid, he's got good comedic timing. 

On the way home, we saw some cows off to our left and went to investigate. We got one to moo, but another one stuck his tongue up his nose and that sent Liam into fits of laughter over and over and over again. Toddler laughter is really contagious.


After lunch we worked on a project for our Annual Pumpkin Carving Party. Liam picked out the ribbon, I picked out the bags and together we were a mad gluing machine.


Shortly after Tim got home from work, Liam insisted on playing "baseball game" to get one of us to sing him the National Anthem. We "play" this a couple of times every day, but it's the first time that we've done it when Tim's been home. 


Just as I was leaving for work, the boys set up the tent in the living room for a little camping action. It's always easier to leave them for work, when they are up to something fun.

Then it was off to work for me. Fortunately no clients showed up and I was able to come home much sooner than expected. We watched a little Top Chef Desserts and hit the hay since Liam had us up all night long the night before and we were both exhausted. We should have been cleaning for Nana who comes next week.

That was my Friday. What did you get up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics