Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Independence Day!


Liam learned the Pledge of Allegiance (aka Witches Dance) at school last year. And, he has become acquainted with the National Anthem via our love for seeing the Orioles play at Camden Yards.

About a month a go he started asking me to "sing" the Pledge of Allegiance when we saw a flag. Maybe once a day we'd see one when he was thinking about it and away I'd go. It was a fun way to pass time while driving to and fro around the city.

Then, I was gone for Type-A and he seemed to have forgotten about the game until this past Thursday when it surfaced with a gnarly twist due to the upcoming (today) 4th of July festivities and the abundance of flags around.

I think this past Thursday I "sang" the Pledge of Allegiance well over 70 times in a row and the National Anthem at least a dozen times. I'm not a very good singer, but bless his heart his ears don't seem to mind.

I have an incredible fear as we head out today for our local 4th of July parade that he is going to ask me to recite the Pledge of Allegiance or sing the National Anthem to every single person with a flag shirt on.

Could be exhausting.

Could be interesting.

Either way, I wish you and yours a very happy and safe 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics