Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Digging for Screamless Days



We are trying to dig our way out of miserableness here in Maryland. It has been over a week since Liam has napped and slept normally. On average he is only sleeping 4-5 hours a day. He now will not sleep anywhere except in our bed next to me. I know lots of people, lots of places in the world co-sleep very happily--but we are not a co-sleeping family nor do we wish to be. (Sigh)

In addition to this he screams all day, no that's not accurate he SCCCCRRRREEEAAAAMMMMSSS!!!!!

I took him to his first gymnastics class today thinking he would love the opportunity to run and jump but he SCREAMED for an hour. Which left me in the dilemma of leaving (what he wanted) or staying (what he needed) and upsetting the dynamic of the class for everyone else. It's all just so hard.

I apologize for the lack of posts and think there will be some more delay since I have no free time at all. He's sitting up at 10:43pm right now, because I just couldn't go to bed without accomplishing anything today.

We are very thankful for a friend who watched him for a few hours tonight so we could go to his back-to-school night. He starts next week, let's hope the screaming is less by then. If not, no worries to other folks who might have upset children--my cougar little one screams louder than all others. I guess I'll work on being thankful for his very strong lung capacity.

Wish us luck.

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the co-sleeping; we are not one of those families either. I don't knock it, but it's not for us. I don't know if I've ever really given a ton of details on our experience with intussusception, but you may want to talk to your pediatrician about this. (or I can DM you with more info there) So, now he's overtired... Momma's BEYOND exhausted... and... ugh. I feel ya, girl!!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the little guy can get back into his regular routine! School anticipation/anxiety? I know that lots of kids were having that, heck Emmalise did about homeschooling and the thought of Kindergarten! I think with any thought of change that is normal and as a two year old that would be about the way of expressing it :-) I am sure you'll be just fine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kelli: Thanks for the DM. Overtired and BEYOND exhausted...precisely!

    @ Allison: Possibly school, potty-training, giving up the bubby, moving to a big-boy bed or most likely it seems my return to work. Poor kiddo. I heard about Emmalise's stressing out about Kindergarten.

    Thanks for the support ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise, this will all pass. I promise. Just keep repeating...this too shall pass...this too shall pass...this too shall pass. That is the advise my mother gave me. And although I hated it, it was true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lanita: So true. Thanks for the reminder. I think I may actually write that on a note on the 'fridge to remind myself...particularly for these next few days.

    Darn those mothers and their good advice. Grin.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics