Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pay It Forward {Day 9/Year 2}

I was inspired by Liam today.

I was inspired by his awesome heart.

He gets it and he's three.

He gets this whole pay it forward thing not just in November, but always.

And, that my friends nearly brought me to tears.

Our day opened with nothing on the schedule, a rare but welcome occurrence these days.

Mid-morning we decided to head to the mall playground via the JCPenney's entrance. Just as we approached the door a bus full of disabled seniors arrived and Liam rushed to be able to hold the door for these ladies who were being dropped off for a day of shopping. He gladly held the door for quite some time as it took considerable effort for each of them to come down from the van lift. When there was a long lull in the middle of off-loading about half of the group I asked if he wanted to go ahead and go in, he said he'd rather wait.

Once we were inside we went looking around the store and he fell in love with an outfit for one of his yet-to-be-born baby cousins that he couldn't part with. She just "has to have this!" Then he found a pair of slippers for his other yet-to-be-born cousin. He asked if we could make four small purchases today, none of them were for himself.

Some days I wonder if we are doing anything right. Today, I saw that we must be doing something right. I was incredibly proud of him.

Also, a big shout out and thank you to all the positive and uplifting comments and emails to my post yesterday. You all warm my soul. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time out of your day to connect.

A bit of bloggy pay it forward. Check out this article. I saw it yesterday and it spoke to me--it's about our responsibility as bloggers to our communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics