Monday, November 21, 2011

Pay It Forward {Day 21/Year 2]

Living with our families far away from us, we don't get out on dates very often these days. Today I used my pay it forward for my marriage. A few months ago I bought us tickets to a four part storytelling series put on by NPR called Stoop Storytelling. I wasn't sure how we would find a sitter for each of the evenings, but I knew we needed the time to connect and decided we'd just have to find a way to make it work. Good friends of ours who have a boy the same age as Liam graciously agreed to watch him tonight AND they gave us a gift certificate to use in Little Italy beforehand. It was very much appreciated and we are really lucky to have great people like them in our lives.

Today is also my birthday and the hubs surprised me by taking the day off so that I could sleep in.

Best. Present. Ever.

I also took a nap before we left for the show.

So good.

Now off for a slice of pumpkin pie before saying good-bye to a super awesome birthday.

Hope you can find a little time to pay it forward to your spouse today. Taking care of your marriage does good things for you, your kids and the karma of the universe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics