Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pay It Forward {Day 1/Year 2}

8:56 a.m. Driving my son to school. It's the first time today that I've thought about the fact that I'll need to Pay it Forward at some point today. With my mom still in town until early evening, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it happen. But, I will.

I remember somewhere around Day 17 last year hitting this stride of sorts where it was the very first thought to enter my mind...and it felt good. There is something good for the soul in having your first waking thought being about how to do something good for someone else.

On the way to drop my mom off at the airport, my husband informed me that the tolls that we had to pass through had raised their rates by 50% effective today. Whoa! Pretty quickly thereafter I realized that for a lot of people this was going to be a bummer of a day when they were informed of this change and the immediate hit to their pocketbook.

So on the way home, we paid for the car behind us. Kinda like Julia's Starbucks experience.

Having had a very busy two weeks with both my mom and mother-in-law having been down for a visit, we decided to stop off at a local micro-brewery. Kind of our version of Cheers. (Did you just start singing the theme song? I did.)

Tim usually pays for meals out and I pick up the grocery store tab. I surprised him by taking the check only to find that our server didn't charge us for for Liam's juice or my Diet Coke.  So I tacked the price of those two items on to her 20% tip.

Nothing earth shattering today. But, when you look for it--there are so many small things to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics