Thursday, June 30, 2011

Type-A Parent: The Experience

Virginia Military Institute Barracks (VMI)

I took my time driving down to Asheville, NC for the Type-A Parent Conference. I stopped for the night in Lexington, VA where I had stayed once before. Woke up leisurely (7am) the next morning and made my way to the conference hotel. Aside from some user error with my GPS the trip was pretty and uneventful.

Just before the North Carolina line   

I wasn't sure what to expect from the conference as my only previous experience was BlogHer '10 in NYC last year. I knew this would be smaller, but I wasn't sure what that meant. I was pleasantly surprised at the intimate sessions, knowledgeable speakers, friendliness of attendees and all that bacon

Not in fact bacon, but Blue Bunny ice cream. Yum!

I left his conference just as overwhelmed as after BlogHer, but I felt like I learned a lot more. I would definitely suggest this conference to all the parent bloggers out there looking for a laid-back conference in a funky little town.

Monetization Power Session

I had a really great time meeting bloggers that I only knew on-line and finding out they were even better in person. Wouldn't it be nice if that were the case everywhere in life?


Fadra Nally, @allthingsfadra

Stop back tomorrow to see how I'm going to Pay It Forward Type-A Style!

Smurfette, Ubisoft Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics