Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hey LADY!

Last week, Little Dude and I went out to a local fast food joint with a playground for lunch.

Not particulary note-worthy I know, but stay with me.

At this particular joint, they have a person who walks around once you are seated and refills your drinks, clears your tray, etc. Nice, but one of the women who works there is a little "off"--too friendly--something.

Anywho, Lil' Dude and I eat, go play in the playground and then come back out for a little ice cream before we head out. And, here "she" comes, plops down a soda and walks away. I frown, raise an eyebrow...Liam asks what's wrong? I tell him that that isn't our soda since I already have one and he has a lemonade and that we'll just have to let her know when she comes back by.

Meanwhile I must have daydreamed for a second, because she was cleaning a table right across from where we were sitting with her back to us and this is what I hear:

"HEEEYYYY! (like a NJ mafioso) LADDDDYY! 'Das! not! our! cup!"

(I. Could. Have. Died.)

2 comments:

  1. HA!! Gotta love the pure, unapologetic [and loud] voice of a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a riot...I'm sure you felt like shrinking under the table, but most people can "go with it" with things little kids say. Makes life so much more fun though, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics