Monday, November 8, 2010

PIF: Day Eight


Pay It Forward: Day Eight

Today's "pay it forward" was actually from Day Four, but should have hit the person today. A friend of mine, Amy over at I am Amy Fran. was incredibly stoked to attend the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear that happened on October 30 in Washington, DC. The day after the announcement she and her dude booked tickets at a hotel in the area.

As luck would have it, I was contacted to interpret the event along with three other interpreters. Coming down from Baltimore instead of commuting in from the DC 'burbs, our commute was pretty painless. Unfortunately for Amy, her commute was intense the day of--it took them FIVE hours to get there and they only got to see the last 45min.to an hour of the rally. Having arrived so early, we got a couple of these free towels (above) promoting the rally. Last Thursday night on my way to work, I dropped one in the mail for her since I'm sure they ran out before she got there.

This was one of the most "fun" things I've done with the project so far. I love mail and I think it's always fun to receive unexpected packages.

Enjoy, Amy! (And, if it's not there yet SURPRISE!!)

Keep a note of the things you are doing all this month to "pay it forward". A sweet ride is in store for the 30 folks who do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics