Monday, November 8, 2010

Review (Explore 'N Grow Musical Gear Center/Wheel Pals)-CLOSED



The Playskool Explore 'N Grow Musical Gear Center is a really neat toy for the 9 months and up set. My son loved it from the second it was half out of the box and he's 2 1/2. He loves placing the gears around in a circle and pushing the red button that makes them all work together, but even more than that he loves stacking them all on top of each other and watching them weeble-wobble as he makes them go 'round and 'round and 'round. In addition to the independently moveable gears, there are three gears that are stationary up top and make a red circle turn. These gears have a great sound that makes you want to push them over and over. Lastly this toy comes with two balls that can be placed in the top tray, which flows down a short tube and onto a spinning disk. The child can slowly push a button that will spin them around or fastly push it to make them eject in random directions. One of my guy's favorite parts is watching them fly and I must admit it puts a smile on my face every time too.

As a parent you'll love that all the parts (5 gears/2 balls) store on the toy itself, which makes for easy storage both short term (to return your living room to some assemblence of order) and long term (storing it in the basement or a closet for a future sibling). Personally all the sounds that eminate from my Little Dude's toys don't bother me, he could beep and honk and sing along with two toys at once and it wouldn't irritate me in the slightest. This music from this toy however is not just "not bothersome",  I dare say it's "delightful". I'm not quite sure what it is about it, but I find myself pushing the music button as I pass by.

Now that's smart music making, Playskool!


Wheel Pals were also a big hit in our house. I mean, HELLO zoo meets car and BAM!! you've got one happy little person. Little Dude loves these! The first night they arrived in our house, he had to take them to bed. For some reason he loves driving these around on people--me, the hubs, himself, doesn't seem to matter who. These are easy to grab and manipulate and they roll with the greatest of ease. They are packaged for those 12 months and older.


Want to win one of each of these? Enter below. One winner, three prizes, good times!

__________
To Enter: (Please note bundling comments will only give you one entry to win. Please leave four separate comments to increase your chances of winning.) Please be sure to include your e-mail address in the following format (jane at gmail dot com) with your comments. Winners will be notified by e-mail. I will no longer be posting a separate "Winner" post.

1) If you could create a toy mash-up, what two toys would you combine?

2) What toy from your childhood do you wish they'd "bring back"?

3) Send a link to this contest (e-mail, Facebook, Twitter) to at least one other person and leave a note letting me know that you have done so. The more the merrier (It's "pay it forward" month here, so this is "on your honor"!)

4) Follow @havestroller on Twitter and leave me your Twitter name. Already follow me? Just leave your Twitter name as a comment.

Open to residents in the continental US with a standard shipping address. (No PO Boxes.)

Winner will be selected at random on November 12, 2010 at 11:59pm. Winners have 48 hours to claim their prize. If not claimed a new winner will be selected. Tell your friends, tell your family—spread the word. Good Luck!

23 comments:

  1. Forwarded contest link via email :)

    Jodi Bates

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've brought back pretty much every toy from my childhood...My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, etc. Hmmm...maybe Stretch Armstrong?? I just wish I could go back to playing with the toys!
    Jodi Bates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean LOVES those Wheel Pals! We take them with us to restaurants for pre-meal entertainment.

    I'd love for them to bring back ColorForms. Remember those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jennelsonlane on the Twitter

    jennelsonlane at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agreed, so many things have been brought back already. I was a tomboy who LOVED all things Heman. I would get a kick out of seeing skeletor's castle again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the happy apple back, it makes the best noise. Nana has one that Evelyn loves and it is probably worth a bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm, toy mash up..... I'l go out on a limb and say play doh and easy bake oven. Seriously, let's admit that we all tried to eat play doh. Well if it was something you truly could eat, it would be fun to bake it in my oven and then eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As for bringing one back, easy. Shrinkidinks. Hands down. Those things were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Call me crazy because this might make a bounce house or trampoline more dangerous...but what about a trampoline combined with the game hullaballoo (where they have to go to the shape, object, or color pad or the game twister on a trampoline or bounce house. Might be better for older kids but it would be pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shared this on FB and also was telling my friends about your blog today and pay it forward and they are going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, I feel deprived because I have no idea about some of the toys you guys are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best toy mashup would be legos combined with a video game console. The console would display games on a TV as normal, but instead of a controller in your hand, you'd get a bin of legos. You'd play games by building things out of the parts to solve problems or otherwise advance in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let's see...I remember a friend who had an entire troll family, including the grandparents and troll pets. We used to make tree houses for them in our cedar trees. That would be cool to bring back. I think kids like things they can act out like real life. jan.enders@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. jan.enders@yahoo.comNovember 11, 2010 at 8:32 PM

    I think a cool toy mash up would be legos and wooden blocks...something not quite so tedious to build with as legos, but something that would stay together better than wooden blocks, providing endless hours of creative entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I could create a toy mash-up, I would choose the Strawberry Shortcake and the My Little Pony

    thransom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lot of the toys from when I was a kid are already back. But I remember the Wuzzles stuffed animals and thought my daughter would love one!

    thransom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tweeted about your giveaway
    https://twitter.com/THRansom/status/3225610407116800

    thransom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish they would combine barbie and bratz.
    thecanadyfamily@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would bring back Pound Puppies!
    thecanadyfamily@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sent this link to a friend!
    thecanadyfamily@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Twitter Follower~ thecanadyfamily@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The winner has been notified. This contest is now closed.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics