Monday, May 31, 2010

Julia

When my Uncle was in England, he came across this
& sent it to me.
(I don't know who wrote it. There was no name listed.)

I keep it posted on my refrigerator so that when I am feeling
overwhelmed by all of my "duties", I can focus on what's really important.


Thoughts of a Young Mum (or Dad!)

I hope my children look back on today
And see a mother who had time to play.
There will be years for cleaning and cooking --
But children grow tall when you're not looking.

So settle down, cobwebs, go to sleep.
I'm cuddling my children.
Children don't keep.

4 comments:

  1. So very sweet!! Love that you have it posted on your fridge. Definitely a thought every mom should keep within an eyeshot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great poem Julia.

    Such a fabulous way to end the month.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...a great way to end a month of great stories from some great moms...(and one great dad)!Thanks for doing this Alissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem! I'm going to have to keep that handy for when my Sprout arrives in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics