Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jamie

My husband and I found out I was pregnant at a very interesting point in my life. Although we were somewhat trying to conceive, I was in the middle of questioning my marriage. I love my husband with all my heart but at that point I was questioning if I was in love with him, any longer. When we found out we were going to have a baby, it seemed to bring everything into perspective. I knew I loved my husband, I knew I didn't want to imagine life without him, but for some reason, I was questioning it! Our daughter saved us, saved me, making me realize what I was doing. My husband was such a trooper during my pregnancy. I had a pretty easy time, no complaints really. I loved being pregnant and have to admit I was a little sad when I wasn't any longer. The attention wasn't on me any more, it was on my beautiful daughter!

Grace Addison came into this world on Monday, July 14, 2008. My labor wasn't bad at all and we were just so excited to meet our little one. She was perfect, 10 fingers and 10 toes and a full head of hair. The feeling you get from having a child, is like no other. The instant love you have, you are willing to give your own life for this human being you have only just met. I knew I wanted to be a mom and as soon as I became one, I knew I was going to love it.

Unfortunately, after three months of having off with my baby girl, I had to go back to work. This was not something I was very excited about. My life long dream has always been to be a stay at home mom. It just couldn't happen. I think I cried every day for like two weeks. I still cry some times when I leave her. It's not that I don't like my job or like who watches my child, I just don't want to miss a second of her. I want to be there for her every move, her ever progression!

My daughter is now 21 months old. I have had the time of my life raising her. She amazes me everyday. It is so wonderful to watch her work to figure things out for herself. She wants to be so independent now and do things her way. She makes us laugh all the time and every time I hear her giggle and laugh, my heart melts a little more.

My husband and I are doing better than ever and I have my daughter to thank for keeping us on our toes and in each others arms! We are so blessed to have this gift from God. Gracie is a amazing little girl and I love being her mother.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for opening up and sharing your story. That is a hard thing to share. I'm happy your marriage is happy again.
    Your daughter is ADORABLE!!!

    I also work full-time, and have 3 kids. I had tremendous guilt about returning to work, but it was the only way for my husband and I to support our growing family! I still feel guilty that my 5 year old has always known me to work...My younger 2 had me at home at least part time when they were younger.

    Anyway, as moms, we are too hard on ourselves. We need to give ourselves a break and recognize we are doing the best we can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace is an amazing little girl. And, you are an amazing mom.

    You are so brave to share your story. I really feel like when we all start sharing not only the great stuff, but all the stuff that shapes our life...we really help others.

    Grace's laugh is wonderful. I love how excited she gets about things.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics