Saturday, October 1, 2011

86 Shopping Days Until Christmas

86 shopping days left until Christmas.

There, I said it.

I love this time of year with the anticipation of numerous holidays upon us. It's a super-fabulous time to be a mom in my opinion. And, I love shopping for other people. Holiday shopping is one of my favorite times of the year. I love finding just the perfect thing and then keeping an eye on it throughout the season to see if it goes on sale. My most favorite things is Black Friday, but that's another post all of its own.

Although I do love this time of year, as the Yuletide season gets ever nearer, it seems the length of my to-do list gets ever longer. In an effort to keep myself as stress-free as I can and to keep the holiday spirit about I try to tackle my Christmas cards (at least a little) in October. I always try to have them addressed and stamped by October 15, leaving me only to find the perfect picture or two to tuck inside and a brief note to write in each. If I don't start then, I'd never get them in the mail "on time" (which I always send out the day after Thanksgiving).

Photo cards are great and I love seeing folks and their families (big and small), the kiddos, the fur-friends, etc. But, I never know what to do with them after the holidays. Because while I think the picture of little Johnny is adorable. I am probably not likely to keep the photo of him hugging a candy cane on my 'fridge all year. (A few of you might have a coronary here, but I do not keep Christmas cards.) Mid-January they all go to the happy recycling center.

Instead of a photo card I usually choose to include a pic or two inside that granparents can tuck into their wallet or showcase on their desk at work.

That said, this year Tiny Prints has a few of each (regular cards/photo cards) that I just can't resist.



This is the card I think you'll find gracing your mailbox come the end of November. I just can't get enough of it. I love the sweet little sleeping partridge and I love that it's not in your face Christmas-y...at least not to me. I also love that its size is just a hair off the traditional holiday card size.


This card is a very close second. Apparently I like things to be sleepy on my Christmas cards. I might even order half of my cards in the partridge one above and half of this one. I love it's simple design and color palette.


What's not to love about this card? I think we could definitely find a few naughty and nice photos in our house. What a fun way to add a little bit of mischief to your holiday cards!


If this had been around the year that Liam was born, I'm pretty sure I would have boycotted my photo card rule and sent this out. It's absolutely precious. It makes me smile every time I look at it and I don't even know the kids in this card. Imagine what it would do if I did? 

Disclaimer: Tiny Prints provided me 50 holiday cards in exchange for this review. All opinions are my own and were not influenced one way or another by Tiny Prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics