Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Am Not Crafty


I am not crafty.

Maybe I could be.

But, I'm not.

And, I'm okay with that.

However, you might want to pull up a chair because in less than a month I am about to get 5th grade 1980's crafty up in here.

When I was in elementary school I wanted to be an artist when I grew up. But, my parents told me that wasn't a real job and I wouldn't earn any money at it and I had it pick something else.

Hello!!

Did you hear that?

Oh it was just the sound of broken dreams.

No biggie.

But it would seem that as some women start to "nest" before the birth of their children. (I did not nest.) I apparently go into 5th grade art project mode before my kid's 3rd birthday party. Perhaps I should be thrilled that it is a MUCH smaller event this year--less people to be exposed to my madness.

For cripes sake I made a pinata yesterday, I'm working on a paper chain tomorrow and if I get real "creative" this weekend while the hubs is out of town I might go wild and start gluing construction paper.

This 3rd birthday party is going to be a real class act, but also significantly more cost conscious than past years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics