Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sweet Sorrow



"A song to play at my funeral."

I hope this is the song that is played at my funeral, especially if I die before Tim and Liam. I hope that since this song has been a part of our lives in a positive way for so long that they'll be able to smile as it drifts about the funeral day. And, that as they subsequently hear it at other somber occasions they'll remember the countless bedtimes we shared with this song and that it will bring a smile to their faces. That they'll remember the times when Liam was this age and singing it sweetly to his lovies to show them how much he cares.

I know for years this brought heartache to my husband as he strongly associates it with his father's passing. I hope that it's easier for him to hear the song now and that it triggers sweet memories of a man who had such a positive impact on his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics