Friday, April 29, 2011

Omm Poppa Mow Mow



"A song from your childhood."

When I was a toddler I had my own portable record player and a box full of records. Most were from my pre-school at the time which was parochial and sent us home with a new record to listen to every week.

However, I'm not sure how or who bought it for me but I also had a copy of Elvira by Oak Ridge Boys. I would set up the player in the dining room or my bedroom, pull the vinyl from the delicate paper sleeve, place it on the player and gently lay down the needle. And, then...I would flip the switch to make it play as slow as humanly possible and I'd sing along.

My mom still cracks up when she thinks about it to this day.

Me, maybe 4 years old, holed up with a record going slllloooowwww and singing low.

Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow
Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow

Wish I still had it. Wonder if it would work?

What songs make you think of your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics