Thursday, April 14, 2011

Capture the Everyday: 3 Kitchen Items

Today's prompt was: 3 Kitchen Items You Can't Live Without.

For some I'm sure that means things like the oven, an amazing spatula or perhaps even their dishwasher. All nice things, but not the things that get the most use in our house.

The little candy/gumball machine was my grandfather's. He always kept it in his den stocked with dry roasted peanuts. When we would go to visit for Christmas or when I went to stay in the summer it was a huge treat to get a hand full of peanuts from it. Every good memory of that house of my grandparents as a whole comes back every time I hear the clank-clank of someone pulling the lever. We keep it stocked with M & M's mostly, but these jelly beans give it quite a work out around Easter.

Just to the right of that is my insulated Thermos bottle that I am in love with. I call it my adult sippy cup and it keeps my tea (unsweetened, thank you very much) ice cold all day long. Liam has a few smaller ones that he uses all day long for his milk. We are big big fans!

Lastly an apple, I'm not sure why it started but sometime last year Liam and I became apple addicts. Between the two of us we eat several dozen a week. I cut his into strips and call them "apple fries".

So there you have it, 3 kitchen items I can't live without.

What are you must haves?



Capture the Everyday is about getting you to capture those everyday moments in your life! Each Thursday, Melissa at Adventuroo will issue a simple challenge to capture something that’s a part of your daily life. You can post just a picture or add some words to go along with it. You’ll have a week to get it done and then I’ll issue another. It’s a quick, easy way to start capturing those little parts of life we sometimes take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics