Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Top 10 Things For Which I Give Thanks Today


The Top 10 Things For Which I Give Thanks Today

People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have. - Richard Carlson

1. My faith in God. I am beautifully and wonderfully made. I am thankful to my Creator for loving me despite my imperfections.

2. My family. My children and my husband are my heart. I could write top 100 things I love about them. My first marriage ended in divorce and I am very thankful to have a second chance at love. My husband is my hero and I love him to the core.

3. My friends. Having a true friend and being a true friend is a priceless gift.

4. My home and safety of my shelter. Many around the world don’t have a place to call home. I never want to take that for granted the warm bed and strong walls that bring me both comfort and security each night.

5. My ministry to help other Smoms. Thankful that I can use my experience to inform, encourage, support and connect other stepmothers. It’s been a tremendous blessing in my life.

6. My trials. I can honestly say I am thankful for the tough times I’ve been through. I didn’t feel it at the time, but they have made me strong and resilient. I am a strong woman and I am thankful for that.

7. My health. Thankful for my healthy body, knowing many do not have this blessing in their life. Never want to take my health for granted

8. My freedoms. Thankful for this wonderful country we live in and the freedoms we so often take for granted.

9. For our Armed Services. I know I live in the land of the free because of the brave men and women who protect us and our liberties.

10. The power of forgiveness. Forgiving others lifts the blanket of anger and bitterness that we can weigh us down when we’ve been wronged. Thankful for the ability to ask for forgiveness.

You can read more from Heather at CafeSmom.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will check out your blog. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list Heather. It's such a wonderful compilation of things to be thankful for.

    This year, I am very thankful for having met you at BlogHer. A true highlight of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics