Thursday, November 25, 2010

Simple Things

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.


This little poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson captures so well what I am thankful for, each and every day..the simple things in life, the things that bring us real comfort. What has more meaning than the gift of another day, a place to call home, good health, good food, someone to love and to be loved by. I thank God for all the goodness he has provided to me, most especially my family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. And, we're thankful for you! Thanks for the reminder to take the time to stop and smell the roses, to appreciate all the little things in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that poem. It is great to be reminded of all the blessings right under our noses each day!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics