Saturday, September 11, 2010

Review: (Hillshire Farms)

Hillshire Farms is a company that I tend to think most of us have heard about. I had certainly heard of them and had even had several of their products before doing this review. However, I really hadn't done much in the way of sampling their line of lunch meats. I usually opt for the containers of store brand lunch meat when I'm a the supermarket.

On our most recent trip to stock up on groceries I was armed with some coupons to sample their product and I chose both the Ultra Thin Turkey and the Ultra Thin Ham before heading for the check out line. My little dude calls all sandwiches 'hamwiches so it only seemed fitting that we try out the ham first. He's sort of an a la carte man, so we broke some up into pieces for him and I had a simple ham sandwich. I have to tell you I was really impressed with how fresh tasting this was. It was sweet and tasted like it had just come from the deli counter. When I made my purchase I opted for the  "family-sized container" and I am thrilled that the plastic container holding the meat is the perfect size to house a sandwich after you have consumed all the product. I love that you can use the container again and again. It's a perfect way to take lunch on the go be it to the zoo, to visit family or just for a picnic at our local park.

I was impressed with the flavor, the packaging and the pricing for this product. So, next time you're in the store pick up a package and give it a try. It'd make the perfect grilled turkey and cheese this time of year.

Want to win a coupon to try some for yourself? Enter below.

____________________
Hillshire Farms will be awarding coupons for FREE product to 10 lucky winners.

To Enter: (Please note bundling comments 1 & 2 will only give you one entry to win. Please leave two separate comments to increase your chances of winning.) Please be sure to leave your first name and last initial with your comment(s).

1) Leave a comment stating your favorite kind of sandwich.
2) Bonus Entry: What are some of your favorite items to pack for lunch (for yourself or for your kiddos if you have them)?

Winners (10) will be selected at random on September 16, 2010 at 11:59pm. Winners have 72 hours to claim their prize. If not claimed a new winner(s) will be selected. Tell your friends, tell your family—spread the word. Good Luck!

[Disclosure: Hillshire Farms provided me with  3 coupons for complimentary products for test/review purposes and agreed to provide coupons to ten lucky readers as well. The opinions expressed in this review are mine and mine alone and were in no way influenced by Hillshire Farms.]

10 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of the Hillshire farms thin cut oven roasted turkey, I like to eat it just plain, or rolled around cheese. I'm a really choosy eater (yet in my mid twenties, I sound like I eat like a child...) and I really really love the stuff, actually better than deli turkey, we've stopped buying it altogether! Yesterday my friend and I came home from camping and were starving and the first thing I did was make two big fat oven roasted turkey and cheese sandwiches on toasted soudough bread with melted cheese and mayo, like three inches of turkey each. and it was just perfect. K.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a ham sandwich kind of girl, add a little provolone, some mayo, and lettuce and I'm set. If I want to get really crazy I toast the bread first....ooooooh.
    Courtney D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonus. :)

    I pack my lunch for work, and I always take an apple, sugarsnap peas, and pitas chips with a sandwich of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the thin turkey breast. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonus: I pack my lunch for work everyday. I love to pack grapes and bananas since it is easy to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thin Turkey is my favorite. I always pack my lunch for work.. Which consists a Turkey sandwich, string cheese, wheat thins, and a Banana.
    Crystal D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite sandwich is turkey with mayo and mustard. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love the hillshire lunch meats. Ham or turket are the general favorites for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite sandwich bologna, swiss cheese, tomato and mustard. If no bologna I would have turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonus: I take a piece of fruit: grapes, peach or apple.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics