Thursday, July 29, 2010

Countdown to NYC

My mom would be the first to admit that if you could find a couple of sheets of paper, a pen and some scissors for me as a kid--I could occupy myself for hours. My mom played dulcimers and I learned to play too, as well as some other short-lived instruments throughout life (french horn, bass guitar, spoons). As an adult I fell in love with  rhythm tap dance and took classes at every opportunity. It's funny that with all of that I never though of myself as a creative person. But, now that I look back at life--I realize that I have been my most content, my most happy when I have some sort of an artistic outlet.

One week from today I will be heading to New York City for a super-amazing conference, BlogHer. I am incredibly excited and yet a bundle of nerves all at the same time. I can't wait to meet other bloggers who share my passion for the blogosphere. I can't wait to take in every single bit of this incredible opportunity before me. Wish me luck.

In addition to the conference I was selected along with some other bloggers to take a tour of Ellis Island with the Liberty Mutual Responsibility Project and to party on the roof of the Martha Stewart Omnimedia building. Woo Hooo!

And, the cherry on top of this super fantastic cake is that I'll get to stay with my little sister. I can't wait to have her show me around  "the city that never sleeps"!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to have you here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited I don't think I'll be able to sleep for a week. It's the first time I've come to stay with you not at our parents' house. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome. Can't wait to hear all about it. Maybe we can meet up there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alissa, I'm so excited for you! It sounds wonderful. Can't wait to hear all about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting more excited by the moment.

    @ Kelli: That would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics