Friday, June 25, 2010

Candy Bugs

(Since I'm out of town and not sure what my Wi-Fi options will be, check out this crafty post from my friend Ellen. You can read more of her artistic ideas at  

Open-Ended Art for Young Children)

 

Art and Cooking Combined

To Make the Candy Dough:
Pour one can of condensed milk into a bowl. Add one tsp. of Vanilla flavoring. Slowly mix in Powdered Sugar until you get a doughy consistency.

For Paint:
Add a few drops of food coloring water, mix in powdered sugar until you get a paint like consistency. 


This activity was done by one of my camp counselors and kids LOVED it. We did a similar activity last year, instead of bugs we made planets. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds easy & looks totally AWESOME! Can't wait to try this with the boys!!--Julia R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, looks totally fun and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics