Thursday, March 25, 2010

Zing Zang Zoom

A week ago I interpreted for the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus: Zing Zang Zoom edition. And, if the photo below doesn't show Ringmaster face, well...I don't know what does.



At the end of the circus I found myself wondering where's the "wonder" in the circus if there isn't some risk of death somewhere. Not that I want anyone to die, and I'm glad the circus is thinking about the safety of their performers. However, when everyone is attached to safety harnesses all the time it takes some of the "wonder" some of the "magic" away. Tricks are cool without a net if you're not rigged into some safety contraption, but they loose some of their  "ooooh" when you are. I'd prefer no harnesses and they went back to having nets. What was so bad or unattractive about nets anyway?

I think all the performers with mad skills have transitioned to the Cirque shows and have left the circus in a bit of a pickle.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like they need you doing your trapeze act!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I agree. Nets would definitely be better. I would still love to try trapeze. I think it would be so great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They totally need me trapezing. I'll let them know as soon as I get "wedding skinny" again.

    Our school here is gone. But, they do have one in DC now.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics