Friday, March 12, 2010

Honey



Liam started occasionally referring to Tim by his first name the week before we left for Indy. And, it was never, "Tim". It was always, "Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim!!". He uses the same inflection I use when calling for Tim from one floor to the other. It's absolutely adorable and hard to correct and tell him that he (Tim) actually prefers to be called "daddy". While we were away he would do it every time Tim called. He's hear Tim's ring tone and say "Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim!!".

He's never really tried to call me Alissa. And, it all became clear yesterday when we went for a walk just the two-of-us. We were walking across a slightly icy patch that still hadn't melted from our big storms, which he initially wanted to cross by [him]self. Because everything these days is "Self!" "Self!" "Self!" and/or "Mamma Aw-ay!". (Notice all the exclamation points? I am noticing that almost 2 year olds speak with lots of exclamation points.) Then he got to a part that appeared dicey to him and he tapped my leg twice, looked up at me and said, "Honey, help!"

Cracked me right up.

He has since called me "Honey" a few more times.

When will I tell him, that actually, my name is Mamma?

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww, that is so cute and made me laugh out loud. Great story.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics