Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Best of BlogHer '11: The Parties

This is my third and final BlogHer 'll post and I thought I'd talk a bit about my favorite parties of the weekend. There are A LOT of parties and private dinners and exclusive events over the course of 3 or 4 very short days at BlogHer. And, two of my favorites happened Wednesday night.

Vicks Dinner

This event was held at Eastern Village Tavern and Bowl in the Gaslamp District of San Diego not far from the conference hotel. Overall it was a pretty low-key relaxed shindig. I'd met a few fabulous ladies (@mommysavers and @micropreemie) at a party beforehand and we meandered on over to this one all together. There was some super yummy sushi and tasty beer to get the night started right. Some folks stayed in the main room, our group got comfy at a long high top next to the 6 or so lanes available for bowling and chatted the night away. It was the perfect way to start the conference and I hope to stay in touch with these ladies for a long time.

*Food, drinks and some Vicks products were provided to me, but I chose to post simply because I had such a good time. All opinions are completely my own.

Wine party by Missouri Wines 

This was an informal gathering of folks who had arrived early to the conference and was led by the lovely Kate from The Guavalicious Life. This event had great people, a great atmosphere (fire pit beside the pool with the lovely San Diego temperatures), and fabulous wine courtesy of Missouri Wines. I never thought I liked wine, but then I'd never met a Missouri Wine before! This stuff is seriously tasty. Go get some, order it if you have to!

*I was given a glass or two or three to taste, but wasn't asked to post a thing. I chose to because they taught me that wine can be tasty! Cheers!

Kick Off Your Heels

This event was held Friday on the 6th floor of the nearby Omni Hotel and had my favorite atmosphere of any of the parties held during the conference. It fell light and airy, yet warm and welcoming at the same time. I walked over to this party with @TaraMetBlog and we went to another after. She's fabulous and you should totally follow her! You can see us getting our glam on at the party here.

*I was given lovely snacks and beverages and a swag bag as well. But, I wrote simply because this party rocked it's awesome and then some!

What were your favorite events at BlogHer '11?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics