Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No Time To Nap

Crystal and I became acquainted on Twitter where you can follow her too @CrystalC2B. Today she joins us to talk about her new project on her blog No Time To Nap. Please take a moment to check out her blog, tweet her or leave a comment here.

Hello Have Stroller Will Travel Readers!

I blog at No Time to Nap, about all the things I should be doing or am doing when there is a nap to be had.  One topic near and dear to my heart is my Happiness Project that I began in January.  After reading Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project (now in paperback, if you didn't know!) last year I was super inspired to do my own project this year.

A big part of doing your own Happiness Project is defining why you are doing one; perhaps you have a specific area of your life you are not happy with.  More likely, you have taken a good hard look at yourself and realized that there are some behaviours and habits you have that you want to get rid of; at least, that's how it worked for me.

The first thing I did after asking myself the same questions Gretchen asked herself was to think about my resolutions.  As they apply to your Happiness Project resolutions are really more monthly/daily goals you are working towards.  In my case; January was an organization month, I researched and made up a weekly schedule and house cleaning list. Since I was setting myself up to be happier I kept it pretty low key and was happy if I accomplished two things I scheduled per day.

Keeping track of my daily goals has been a bit of a struggle for me.  By emailing Gretchen I was able to see the sheets she made up for herself to create accountability for herself.  Since I hadn't decided on a hardcopy version of my tracking sheets I started off using Awesome Note for my iPod Touch.  Now I've  made a physical copy of resolution tracking so I'm slowly catching up from the notes I made.

I'd like to thank Alissa for having me guest post and invite you all over to my blog if you have any questions about my Happiness Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics