Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thank you, Ms. Internet.

This year I am thankful for the Internet. No really, I am. I am very very thankful for the Internet.

Twelve years ago, I went to the one computer lab on campus...mostly to celebrity stalk Matt Damon pictures from Good Will Hunting when I typed in "sign language" and found out about a company that would eventually change the course of my life. I moved out East, took an internship at a company that I immediately felt so "at-home" with. I eventually left the company, but I have so many super fantastic memories, particularly of my first 5 years there.

Seven years ago, when I didn't even own a home computer I met my husband on the Internet via match.com. I had done Match for awhile and had ultimately decided to take a break from it. Then one day, I went to a computer cafe on a lark when I had some time to kill in the city and there was Tim. I signed up to become a member, solely to send him a message. He responded with, "Hi! My name's Tim, nice to meet you so to speak..." and now we're happily spending the rest of our lives together with the most amazing Little Dude.

Two and a half years ago, I had aforementioned Little Dude and was afforded the opportunity to talk to other adults via this little website called Facebook. Say what you will about Facebook, but I think that interaction saved me many days. No, I know it did! And, the warm sage advice I received when I posted a parenting Hail Mary as a status update, probably saved Liam too. It certainly helped me be more informed, more confident, more connected as a parent.

Nearly a year ago, I started this blog with no real intentions. And, it has allowed me to do something creative, something that was very much missing from my life. It has allowed me an outlet, a way to connect with others I would undoubtedly have never met without this platform. It has helped me find a new passion, to help others start documenting their lives or passions this way too.

A very special thank you to all my readers out there bloggers and non-bloggers alike. I wish you the warmest and coziest of Thanksgivings.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. It is so cute that you and Tim had the same topic. Sorry but you two are reminding me of Napoleon Dynamite "Yes I love technology, but not as much as you you see, always and forever!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe it when he sent it to me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics